See the webpage of the Residocracy HERE
The Residocracy Santa Monica LUVE Initiative will:
- Give voters the right to decide how much development is right for Santa Monica.
- Protect the existing low-rise character of the beach town that we LUVE.
- Eliminate incentives given to developers in the new Zoning Ordinance to demolish existing buildings and replace them with larger, taller, denser developments.
- Preserve our open skies, ocean breezes, and quality of life.
- Protect renters by stopping the gentrification of neighborhoods and the demolition of existing rent-controlled apartments that are being replaced with non-rent-controlled buildings.
- Prevent traffic from getting even worse.
- Get special interests out of our City Hall.
The Residocracy Santa Monica LUVE Initiative will empower residents by requiring voter approval for:
- Development Agreements
- Development above the Tier 1 level (2 to 3 stories across most of the city and 4 stories in downtown Santa Monica)
- Major amendments to planning policy documents, such as the general plan, any specific plan, the Zoning Ordinance, and the official LUCE maps and zoning district maps