The Marin Association of Public Employees (MAPE) is going on strike to force the Marin Board of Supervisors to give them an 11% pay raise! Their demands are unprecedented and without accountability.
Please add your name to the growing number of Marin residents, who are asking the Marin Board of Supervisors to say “No” to MAPE’s demands.
Enough is enough!
Please consider the following reasons for supporting this petition:
- Marin’s public employees are currently among the highest compensated employees in the entire U.S. (top 1%), even higher (7.8% higher) than San Francisco, where the cost of living is higher than in Marin.
- MAPE’s demanded pay raise is not performance based.
- MAPE’s demanded pay raise is not need based.
- The average Marin public employee makes $126,000 per year in total salary and pension and healthcare benefits. The average working adult in Marin makes $64,210.
- MAPE salaries impact the County’s future pension and benefits liabilities. The County’s unfunded pension liabilities are already between $700 million and $1.2 billion (estimates vary). The only way the County will be able to meet this financial obligation is by raising taxes and fees.
We, the undersigned, ask the Marin Board of Supervisors to reject the salary demands of the Marin Association of Public Employees.
PLEASE NOTE: Police, fire, emergency responders and court employees are not members of MAPE and are not striking for salary increases.
Post a Comment